Sunday, July 17, 2011

I MIss You, God

<sigh>

I am meeting myself coming and going.... being here at church reminds me that I really miss you, God..

I miss you too.

I mean, life is just moving by so fast.  And I have these goals.. trying to stay healthy... and making sure that I get the chores done.... and the errands taken care of.....  did you know that I even missed getting my car inspected?  By 2 months????  I don't know what is happening to me...

What do you mean?

I mean that I don't have time to breathe!  I mean that there is so much to do!  I am letting things slide... I just can't get it all done.  I need more hours in the day.

<chuckle>

Are you laughing at me, God?  I really don't have enough time to do what needs to be done.  I really wish that I felt your support!  I miss you.

I'm not laughing at you.  If you'd relax, you'd laugh too.

I don't understand what you are talking about.  There is nothing funny about my inability to remember what I need to do.  I even write things down in a list... but then I misplaced the notebook!  I'm exasperated.  Why can't you give me a few more hours?  Or maybe even stop time for a day or so and I can get caught up.

I have missed you talking to me.  I always did like the way you think.

I tell you I don't have time any more.  And I don't appreciate your making fun of me.

You have exactly the same amount of time that you have always had.  You have exactly the same amount of time that everyone has had since the very beginning!

Oh God.... things are different now.  Life is moving too fast....  and there is too much to remember.

That's true.   I have found that human lives have moved faster each generation... and it is definitely more of a challenge now than ever.   But what exactly do you think would happen if I DID give you a few extra hours?

That would be AWESOME!  I could get caught up on the laundry... or finish up the Vacation Bible School project.. or maybe read another book... or maybe visit some friends I've neglected.... or sleep - yeah, I might even do that...

So... you'd use the extra hours to do what you ALREADY DO?  And just how - exactly - does one get caught up on laundry?  

Well.. you are right there.... laundry is like a revolving door... getting caught up is very temporary.  But I would sure feel better about it.


Now we are getting somewhere...

What?

Apparently it's not really about the amount of work you have to do or the time you have.

What's it about then?

You really are worked up, aren't you?   Do you find it hard to concentrate?

Well.... I don't mean to be disrespectful... but are you listening to me?  YES!  If I had more time to get caught up, I could even spend more time with YOU!

Even?

Sorry I didn't mean that the way it sounded... but, seriously.. what you said before - it's not about the amount of work or the time.  What is it about?

You said it yourself... it's about HOW YOU FEEL.

and... what next? 

You tell me.

Are you telling me to change how I feel?  How do I do that?

I think you are making a good start right now.

I think I am not missing you so much right now.

<chuckle>  I like when you talk to me.

Yeah okay, I like talking to you too.  And I don't know why but I feel a little bit better.

But the VBS project is still there... and I'm pretty sure the laundry situation hasn't changed...

I know.. but I am calmer..  I really have missed you.

You keep saying that - but you do know that I didn't go anywhere, don't you?

What?

I am right here.  I am always right here.  YOU are the one who goes away.

Wow... you know, you are right!  So... you are saying that it is up to me to come to you?  I am sorry, God.... I do know better...  I will do better.. I will make time for you every day.

Work me in your schedule?

Yes.  I will remember that you ARE my schedule.  I promise.   Hey, you know what?

What?

I remember where my list is.

See..... together.... we have your life under control :-)

Thanks, God.  I'll be back soon, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment