Thursday, July 14, 2011

Dishcloth Challenge #87 through 94

Lots of excitement in the last week.... Vacation Bible School started up and I have had a lot of powerful thinking to do to make sure the schedule is set and the activities are ready to go!

And a request from my husband for a couple of baby gifts has me digging through unfinished projects that have been set aside in my frenzied attempts to catch up with the dishcloths!  I have found no less than 4 (but I stopped looking!)  AND yarn & instructions set aside for 2 more...  I will have to get moving on a couple of these... I think I will choose whatever I can work up the quickest because I don't want to lose too much speed on the dishcloths!

I did 3 lovies last week too - using up more of the yarn people have generously donated so I can crochet for charity!

Below are the dishcloths for the week.... and hopefully in the next week or so, I will have something other than dishcloths to share with you!


#87  Flower Basket Crochet Dishcloth - pictured below on the bottom left - this one had a beautiful picture and I was anxious to try it.  What a struggle!  I finally got it to work somewhat and it is cute enough but I was truly disappointed.  Either I couldn't figure out the instructions or just didn't get it - but I had to get creative to get it at all!  Anyway, it was definitely not my favorite!

#88  Snow Pines Crochet Dishcloth - I really liked this one.  It is had to see in the photo but if you look closely, you will see 5 trees with gold stars at the top (the center of the cloth) and brown trunks at the bottom (outside edges).  It is really cleverly done and awfully cute!





#89  Green Check Crochet Dishcloth on the upper left.  It is what it says :-)  green checks!  Easy  to work up and pretty.  I would definitely do this one again in coordinating colors.  Quick, easy and pleasing to the eye!

#90  Humpty Dumpty Crochet Dishcloth - in the upper right hand corner.  This one was fairly easy too - and an attractive finished product.  I had to sew on the eyes and embroider the mouth.. so the extra touches took a little longer but weren't difficult.  Not enough fun to make twice but I think this will make a cure washcloth for a child!


The next FOUR will be describing the photo below:

#91  Crayons Crochet Dishcloth - Guess which one this is?  This particular dishcloth starts the patterns for the month of April so you can see how far behind I am!  With luck, I will be catching up within the next month!  I thought this one was pretty cute.  With the exception of embroidering the word CRAYONS on the cloth, it was pretty quick and used up some tiny scraps of color I had left over from other cloths.  It would be great for a child - or a gift for a teacher :-)

#92 - Stars and Stripes Crochet Dishcloth.  This one is pretty unusual.  I was intrigued by the way the blue field & red / white stripes were done.  The stars are crocheted in crochet cotton thread and had to be sewn on.  They turned out nice - but were not quick :-).  My eyes struggle with the fine threads and hooks so this is probably not a repeat for me unless I find stars to make in regular 4-ply yarn!




#93 Pretty in Pink Crochet Dishcloth - I LOVE this one! The pattern is easy to follow, the colors used are pretty (though I can see other combinations to help me use up scraps!) and the cloth is a good size and ready to scrub with!    Two of them stitched together would make  a nice hot pad for the table.

and.... #94 in the top right hand corner is called Carnival Crochet Dishcloth.  This is a pattern that is different on each side - reversible.  I really like the way it turned out.  And in these colors, it looks like summer!

There you go for this week!  Remember, these patterns are all copyrighted to Maggie Weldon and located at www.bestfreecrochet.com.

What needlework projects are you working on?

No comments:

Post a Comment