Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Dishcloth Challenge #11 through #15

The weekly dose of the Maggie Weldon Dishcloth Challenge at www.bestfreecrochet.com

These five patterns were great - both to do and to use!  I am particularly fond of NONclutter.... so creating pretty USEFUL items brings me joy.

#11 in the upper left hand corner is called the Ruffled Granny Crochet Dishcloth.  It is one of my favorites but then I'm a fan of granny squares.  It is a basic granny square done in two different cotton yarns, a variegated (aqua, lime, purple & white) with a coordinating purple.   The outer round is ruffled as an edging.

#12 right next to it in the center, called Circles and Shells Crochet Dishcloth, is done in a variegated yellow & white with a white scalloped edging.  It is done in the double crochet stitch.

#13 in the upper right hand corner gave me a chance to use some small scraps. The name of it is Sea Wave Crochet Dishcloth, I think because they used blue, green & white.  I had some small scrap balls of a variegated pink, rose, lavender & white, and scrap balls of pale pink and medium purple.  So I  used what I had on hand.  This one starts in one corner and builds outward.  I used a little bit of lavender for the edging.





# 14 in the lower left corner is called Singly Pink Dishcloth.  Oops.... I used a variegated green instead because it's March :-)  So mine is Singly Green :-)  Anyway it is a single crochet done in the back loops to form a ridge.  This makes it fairly dense and a great cleaning cloth.

And,lastly, #15 is called Simple Shells Crochet Dishcloth.  I got with the 'sea wave' program with this one, using a crochet cotton that merged 2 greens and 2 blues :-)  It is done in a double crochet shell pattern that was quick and fun to do.

I found all of these patterns to be easy to do.  The instructions for all the patterns I have encountered on this challenge are exceptionally clear.

Let me know if you do any of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment