Thursday, March 17, 2011

Japanese Magnolia in Bloom :-)

Okay - by now I am sure you are sick of hearing about my tree.  But this post will be mainly photos for those of you who like to see :-)

The last one where the buds were opening... well, when I came home, they still weren't open :-)  For all my anticipation and excitement, it took a few more days.


I got to watch them open slowly until they were a MASS of blossoms!  Magnificent!  And for ONE day... the scent of all those open buds was incredible...  I thought that was cool - just ONE day though.  They must have a scent JUST when they open so that when the greatest number of them opened... it was heavenly :-)



As the majority of the buds opened, the early ones faded and fell apart.


Something in that, I am sure.... that the first ones die as the majority comes into their full beauty... but for today I will just enjoy and share with you


Have a beautiful day :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment