Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Too Much Vacation?

Today is the absolute BEST day of my vacation!

I'm going home :-)

We'll take the 2 pm ferry to St Thomas and our flight will leave at 5:30.  We won't be home until around 1am.... but I am ready!

Even without a family crisis in the middle of it, I am almost always ready for my own home and routine after 3 or 4 days.  That is enough of a break for me.  I miss my kids... I miss my life!

When my family and I were younger, I remember taking a full week off from work... but coming back from wherever we traveled early with a couple of days to spare.. to settle back in and enjoy being home.  My friends all arrived back from their travel destinations the evening before they went back to work.  For me, that last day was better spent settling back in at home, catching up on all the details like unpacking and paperwork and all the little things that make my week go more smoothly!  I was never comfortable just jumping right into the week with those details left undone.  In fact, the thought makes me crazy.

This time, we've been gone the full week. With the exception, of course, of the crisis at home, it's been a good week.  It's been a week without television... a week with extremely limited cell phone use...  a week to visit with my cousins,, a physical week (for me) but that is good!

And we will arrive home at the last possible moment... and jump back in to our lives right away!

But I am ready :-)  Back to ordinary days!

No comments:

Post a Comment