Thursday, March 10, 2011

What if?

I woke this morning to a gray sky filled with heavy clouds..  not even a sunrise I could see..


 Rain.... rain.. and more rain is in the forecast..

Not that I mind the rain sometimes.... but if you remember from a few days ago....  I am focused on my tree.  My beautiful "about to bloom" tree... the one with the extravagant yet fragile flowers.

What if it rains so hard that the blooms get battered about before they open?

What if the winds pick up and knock the blooms off the tree?

What if the temperature drops and the blossoms turn brown?

What if..... what if..... what if....   I am sad.... I am unhappy.... I am almost frantic with worry about my flowers.

Understand that the tree is fine... it's the flowers that will be ruined.   I am totally preoccupied with impending disaster.

Do you do this to yourself?  Do you allow your fears and worry to take over your day?

I am forgetting to sit back and breathe....  I am forgetting that my purpose.. RIGHT NOW... is to recognize the special beauty of those swelling pink buds in the eerie gray half light that exists RIGHT NOW.


I have enough to take care of in my life RIGHT NOW.  How about you?

Do we really have the time and energy to worry about potential disasters?

Prepare for, yes - and then - LET GO!

What hasn't happened..... well.... it hasn't happened.... so why waste time on it?

1 comment:

  1. :) I saw your NEW REflections Blog and love it but was worried you had closed The Journey....

    I woke this morning to gusting winds. The sun is shining but the petals are being blown from the fragile flowering pear trees in the front yard. I suspect by later this afternoon the ground beneath the trees will look like a mini-snow scene.

    Sad to see the blooms gone so quickly but in their place the bright new green leaves are pushing their way into the sun.

    Isn't that the way of seasons. Something dies out to make way for a new life or new beginning....

    Thanks for the reminder to enjoy the blessings the seasons of life bring! ♥

    ReplyDelete