Sunday, March 13, 2011

All the socks matched up :-)

Can you believe it?

I didn't.... all the socks matched up!  I mean, I pulled all the clothes out of the dryer, folded everything and all the socks matched up.    No lonely stragglers this time!

I'm not sure how the dryer does it.. but usually it spits out one or two socks with no mates.

Weird, I know... I mean... they started out as pairs..   they were worn on TWO feet or I wouldn't have them in the laundry.

So what happens?  Where do they go?

I know that occasionally I find a random sock in the couch.... or under a chair...  but you would think that USUALLY they would end up in the wash together...

What is it about socks that sends them off in such wild adventures?

Do they resent being paired up?  I guess someone who is a twin could give me that answer... I have no clue.   Kind of like the shoes you see in the middle of the road somewhere.... or hanging from a telephone wire.

But the socks.... with amazing consistency.... I find that they emerge from the dryer in ONES.... I know this is true because it has happened even with MY socks.  You see, I live with males and I buy pink ones so they leave mine alone..... and I have had brand NEW ones emerge singly.  And I KNOW that I didn't leave one somewhere else...  I COULDN'T have... that's for the people I live with... and me to fuss about.

But I find myself strangely disconcerted today.. Something I have always wanted to happen, something I have hoped for and prayed for.... has happened.  And it has rocked my world :-)

All the socks matched up

....with no hope of matching up anything in the collection of single socks still waiting for their mates :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment