Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Dishcloth Challenge # 6 through 10 and 31

Hi friends :-)


Here's Number 6 through 10 of the dishcloth challenge!   Patterns are located at  Maggie Weldon's site  www.bestfreecrochet.com

#6 is the upper left hand corner - called Garnets in Lace... I used different colors since I am using up my stash AND because I was trying to bring in a little March green.  I found I didn't have much green so I might just HAVE to go hunting for a little more cotton yarn to add to my collection :-)
Anyway - I liked the pattern but it didn't look finished to me so I added another couple of rows to make it a little more symmetrical to my eyes!

#7 is on the right.. crocheted in a blue, green, white & yellow variegated yarn

#8 is located in the upper right corner... done in a pink, brown and cream variegated yarn.  This one is done a little differently than I had expected... working from the outside in with progressively smaller rows.  I've never seen it done that way so it was a nice learning opportunity.



#9 is in the lower left corner and was particularly fun to do as you watch the colors change.  If I did it again, I would probably have switched the yarns for #7 and #9.. because the fun of #9 is directly related to the different colors in the yarn.

and, finally #10  Grandmother's Flower Garden..... one of my favorite quilt patterns.. and I've made a couple of afghans with this pattern already.  I whined about it anyway though - I am pretty much a lazy crocheter and am particularly fond of patterns that you can do and finish without extra stitching or work.  This one is done in little hexagons that need to be sewn together and then crocheted around to finish up.  Worth the work.... but I whined anyway :-)

...and speaking of whining!  I went ahead and did dishcloth #31 - a shamrock - in honor of St Patrick's Day tomorrow.



I couldn't find any appropriate greens locally so I used a lime green for the center part.... and a green & orange variegated for the edging.  The pattern called for embroidery to outline the shamrock but somehow I managed to get the shape recognizable (which, in honesty, was all I was after.  There are definite perks to being a lazy crocheter!)

I will try and get the seasonal patterns posted close to the holiday so they are more appropriate.  The website www.bestfreecrochet.com has patterns posted up through #75 at the moment.... and personally I am on #23.. but I'll keep posting 5 per week.... plus the extra seasonals as they come along!

Try some... they are fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment