Monday, March 28, 2011

Fridays? or Mondays?

?You know, Fridays often look like Mondays to me.  I mean, people dread Mondays... the start of the rat race, the return of routine, the hum-drum business of life starting up again.

But I'm not sure about that.  Fridays often usher in an opportunity to finish up all those chores you didn't complete during the week.   Fridays often bring weekend meetings.... errands to do.... social engagements with friends and family... even weekends away bring their own flurry of stress and recovery.

My weekends are crazier than my weeks!

On Fridays I feel like I am on the top of the roller coaster.... that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach... looking at that WILD stretch of track.... that moment... just before the car tops the crest of the rails... that moment when you realize that you are SO not in control of the situation!   Everything is lined up before you with clockwork precision... all scheduled nicely and ready to be put into play.... And you throw your hands in the air and SCREAM!

Is it fun?   Of course!  Is it exciting?  Absolutely!

But man, the anticipation is a killer!

And it makes Monday's hum drum routine look like heaven :-)

I'm glad it's Monday and I can start over!  (I think :-)... I need another cuppa to be sure)

No comments:

Post a Comment