Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Dishcloth Challenge # 16 through 21


       Okay - Still having fun with the crochet challenge!  I hope all my friends want dishcloths for Christmas because if I keep going, I will have more than I could possible EVER use!  My husband is chuckling about it but this is FUN!   Each cloth takes about an hour or less to figure out and finish.  But even if it took 3 times that amount of time, each one is still a quick project you can start and finish... and learn some new skills along the way!

This week I will add 6 cloths to the collection!  

I'll start at the bottom left with #16 - called Daisy Crochet Dishcloth.  I thought this one turned out really pretty for a minimum amount of time and work.  I'll probably do this one again because it looks so pretty AND is thick enough to be functional.

www.bestfreecrochet.com


#17, the variegated one in the center bottom row, is called the Corner to Corner dishcloth.  It starts small in one corner and grows to the widest point in the center and then gets smaller again as you work the last corner.  I like the way it makes a bit of a diamond shape with the stripes.  This one also adds a loop at the corner (you can't see it).  That is always a great addition to hang them up to dry.

#18 - bottom right - the Sunshine Crochet Dishcloth... named, I think for the variegated yellows the pattern called for :-)  I used a baby pastel variegated instead so it would look like springtime :-)  It is worked in a simple single crochet with a pretty edging.

#19 - back on the top left - is the Sunny Day Crochet Dishcloth.  This one was a little different... a basic circle - but the way that the rays were designed is a little different than I expected - but very easy.  The pattern called for a little more intricate manner of doing the face but as you know - I am a lazy crocheter and decided to simply embroider it!

#20 - center top - Peachy Path Crochet Dishcloth - but I used pink so maybe I should call it the Pink Path :-)  Interesting technique carrying strands of both colors (pink and white) as you crochet them one at a time.  Not too difficult if you pay attention!

And #21 - top right.  The Yellow Brick Crochet Dishcloth (or in this case - the BLUE Brick.. LOL!!) This one was a really easy pattern - but I had difficulty with the instructions.  I'm not sure if it was the instructions or my own focus - but fortunately the photo on the instruction page was clear enough for me to mimic!  Once I got the hang of the pattern, it worked up really quickly.

What will be fun later - is combining different cloths to make a gift package...  certainly there are several that are holiday themed - I will be posting a few Easter ones in a week or so.  So far I have seen a few flower ones for the different birth months... and I can see putting together a birthstone color collection.... and then there's always using the color-coordinating concept.... 

NAHHHH, that would be too ordinary :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment