Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Crochet Post! Dishcloths #199-202 & 203-206 and Thrive in Five Day 23

 *****Thrive in Five Update Day 23*****

I am feeling fine..... just crazy busy today!   I listened to the audio about the importance of cardio exercise... and will start thinking about how to increase HEART-PUMPING movement to help cleanse toxins and keep me GOING!  But I am afraid that THINKING is all I am going to be doing today..... except for 20 jumping jacks whenever I think of it :-)

I timed it once - I can do 40 jumping jacks in one minute..... so 20 jumping jacks takes 30 seconds.... I have no excuse for not doing 20 jumping jacks several times during the day... just have to think about it!

*****

Don't you love the human brain?  Since I am going out of town tomorrow evening for a couple of days ... and I will be running errands all during the day tomorrow ...... I am running around like a chicken with my head cut off today and.... all of a sudden, there is an urgency to paperwork and chores... and well.. you get it...

so here's the story... I am working on laundry... folding it and thinking... I have those bills to pay, some bread to bake, I'm behind in my blog, there are some ice cream bites in the freezer... go get one.. it's only 5 steps away... WHAT???? double take!  Where did that come from?

It's so subliminal that it's unfair.. I'm not even hungry!

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE:  I am becoming more and more mindful of how I move through my life.  And THAT is how I will become fit and healthy!

Thrive in Five by Hannah Keeley is giving me the tools and the confidence to take charge (and let God help!)  I am NOT a victim to the ravenous beast who tears into dorito bags and leaves me helpless in its wake.....  I am a strong confident purposeful woman.. and God has plans for me.

I also know that my children are watching.  Just because they moved out, doesn't mean they aren't still watching and learning from everything I do!  I want my girls to see my victory so they know that they can WIN this health/food/exercise battle too - and they can learn HOW.

******************

 Crochet projects finished this week:

Little Red Riding Hoods for my two favorite girls....



free instructions on the Red Heart website.  Click on the link above. 


and 2 hats from Maggie Weldon's 2012 Challenge :-)


#7 and #3..... I will probably keep the pattern for #7, the one on the left.  I liked doing that one - and can use up some of the smaller skeins of bulky yarn I have on hand.


Dishcloths for the week:

#199 Holiday Ruffles Crochet Dishcloth - pictured below on the bottom left.... a chance to try a new technique!  This one calls for an afghan hook... something that I own for some reason but have never used.  After a bit of research on the internet, I learned that the stitch is now called the Tunisian stitch (back in the dark ages when I learned to crochet, it was called the afghan stitch).... and I figured out how to do it.  It's not too difficult and is really pretty.  The cloth is thick and absorbent too!

#200  Wide and Narrow Pathways Crochet Dishcloth - pictured on the lower righthand side of the photo below.  Using front and back post double crochets, it has beautiful vertical ridges.  It is really pretty and unusual.  Thumbs up!




#201 African Sunset Crochet Dishcloth - pictured on the upper left of the photo above.  Another granny variation, it worked up quickly and I particularly liked the colors :-)

#202  Peach Delight Crochet Dishcloth - pictured on the upper right.  This one is a lot prettier than the photo shows!  And it's fun if you are a granny square lover like me :-)  It has a pretty flower in the center and an easy edging.

The next 8 dishcloths are pictured below:

#203  Seagulls Crochet Dishcloth - on the lower left in the photo below.  While I am not sure this will be my favorite cloth to make..... it is by far and away my favorite cloth!  It is so incredibly creative with the sand, surf and sky - and makes me smile every time I look at it!  I will definitely make more of these :-)

#204 Tradewinds Crochet Dishcloth - pictured on the lower right.  Easy like a granny square with pretty ruffles worked on top.  Definitely a do again!





#205 Shells & Filet Crochet Dishcloth - pictured on the upper left of the photo above.  This one turned out really pretty but was a little tricky to figure out.

#206 Thirteen Grannies in a Square Crochet Dishcloth - on the upper right.  While I didn't care for the extra work stitching this one together, I LOVE the result!  All those tiny granny squares with the flower in the center are really pretty!  This cloth would make an impressive gift.

The patterns are available on www.bestfreecrochet.com - these are archived in July 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment