Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Thrive in Five Update Day 16 AND Crochet Post - Dishcloths # 191-194 & 195-198


*****Thrive in Five Update Day 16*****

I am feeling lethargic and depressed... not sure why.  Part is SAD... will pay particular attention to healthfulness of food today.  More veggies and fruits!

It's warm and sunny though so will make sure I get outside today for a while.

Wow - I almost - ALMOST walked into town today.  It's a 4 mile round trip.. and I used to walk it quite regularly to get my mail & go to the library.... but I caved.... mostly because I didn't want to take the time to find the things I needed to take with me.  But I am tickled to finally be in a physical place where the idea occurred to me!


I DID add to my weekly action plan - to locate my back pack & fanny pack that I use for walking distances and get myself prepared for the next opportunity!

I do a 20 minute mile on the TM AND I did an extra mile today in the sunshine to get all the Vitamin D action I could!

I was successful in turning around a day that started badly - and all through positive attitude and healthy choices!

By the Way - Hannah just posted that Thrive in Five will be on sale until the end of January - go to her website www.hannahkeeley.com and get it!  You will be amazed at the shift in thinking that you will achieve.


Crochet Update!

Most of my work this week has been continuing projects that were already started!  But I can share the dishcloths.....

#191 - Purple Crochet Dishcloth - pictured on the bottom left.... Another easy pattern that comes out pretty!

#192 - Glass Menagerie Crochet Dishcloth - pictured on the bottom right.  Described as "easy", it had a few more complicated stitches in it.  I love the result but didn't enjoy making it.



#193 - Pink Stripes Crochet Dishcloth - pictured above on the top left.  Very, very easy and quite satisfying in my opinion.  I will definitely do this one again!

#194 - Scrappy Crochet Dishcloth - pictured above on the top right.  My VERY FAVORITE!!!  Simple stitches using all the bits and pieces of leftover threads.... tied together with the ends hanging out.  I love the effect so much that I made several children's scarves using the same technique!  I imagine that when I finish the dishcloth project and have a BIN of cotton thread left over, I will be making a TON of these!

The next four cloths are pictured below:

#195  Lumpy Crochet Dishcloth - pictured below on the bottom left: This one is pretty easy and has a really nice effect when finished.  It didn't quite square up for me but I may have lost count somewhere along the way.

#196 - Layered Crochet Dishcloth - pictured below on the upper right.   This one was fun to do because it is a little bit different.  And the effect is stunning - also nice and thick so it will be a great scrubber.  Thumbs up for this cloth!




#197 - Granny Rows Crochet Dishcloth - this one is pictured above on the right hand bottom row.  Regular granny stitching and looks beautiful.  Another winner!

#198 - Holiday Hexagon Crochet Dishcloth - pictured on the upper left-hand side.  This one turned out pretty but was a little challenging to do.  I did something wrong because it doesn't quite lie flat... but it's pretty nonetheless.  I can see if you did a couple of them and stitched them together, you would have a pretty hotpad for your table!

Hope you enjoyed these - the patterns are available at www.bestfreepatterns.com.  I'm not sure how long they will be available for free since the 2012 patterns are now being offered - but I know several of them are still on the site!

No comments:

Post a Comment