Monday, January 30, 2012

Weekly Goals 5/52 & Thrive in Five Update Day 22

The Healthy Habits for the next few weeks have to do with loving yourself and understanding the truth about yourself....  remember how I told you to get that pedometer out?  Well.. this week you are going to wear it every day.  Before you go to bed at night, I want you to write down your step count.  Just write it down... nothing else, okay?  Don't judge yourself.. just log it.  We are looking for facts here so you can figure out where you are!

So... keep up with walking your daily mile... green tea or other healthy beverage.. daily salad and fruit.. and if you didn't put a half cup of beans in your salad, then add the beans to your daily life too!


*****Thrive in Five Update Day 22*****

Measuring Day for me!

No change on the inches - but down 2 pounds on the weight...... slow but steady is the answer - (and measure everything!)  Energy level is improved - shoulder pain is pretty bad today.. BUT considering that I snuggled and carried a hefty toddler for much of the weekend.... and tossed two of them around a bit yesterday - I'd say I earned the pain!  I am healing and it just takes time.

I got the mile and the tea in early!  I feel really good today - if I was my pet - I'd say my eyes are clear and my coat is healthy :-)

I feel a little bit behind because life got busy!  I am listening today to try to catch up a bit and learn about the importance of strengthening muscles!  Strong muscles look great and help your bones grow strong.  Strong muscles help protect against age-related osteoarthritis.... Age-related diseases are NOT inevitable!  And strong muscles burn more calories... so it's important to work on those muscles!

Integrating strength exercises into your life is what will make it happen even when life gets busy...  can you 'attach' a habitual movement to a daily activity?

I've already talked about my laundry routine - and I'm looking for the next thing..... and I think it is going to be in the kitchen!  Certainly I have 1-pound weights (water bottles or soup cans), 5-pound weights (bags of flour and sugar) and 8-pound weights (gallon milk jug!)  I think I will work on shoulder presses (reach to ceiling) and bicep curls.... and push-ups off the kitchen counter once my shoulder gets a little stronger and my chiropractor agrees!

**********************

Weekly Goals Week 5/52:

Quite a few items were left over!  Seriously, it's been a busy few weeks and will be again this week.  So that takes a few days out of my calculation - but makes my point about building habits.


1. Left from Last Week (do first!)
                Monthly - Frontline & air filters

New:

2. House focus -  Dog Room & Brown Bathroom - 15 minutes daily

3.  New healthy habit: wear pedometer and log daily steps.

4.  Bring last year's amaryllis bulbs back inside to re-pot for bloom

5. Add quilt strip to quilt and prepare for hand quilting

6.  Do dvd or Treadmill cardio 3 X

7.  Make flyer for church project (mid-March)

8.  Movie Night

9.  Church birthday card ministry

10.  Company W-2s


Ongoing:
            Scan photos (30 min weekly)
            BAKE new bread
            Dishcloths 
            Desk 15 min daily – financial & personal
            Health habits: mile / green tea / salad / fruit

No comments:

Post a Comment