Friday, January 27, 2012

Thrive in Five Update Day 19

Consistency is the key to achieving!
   I feel really draggy and awful this morning.... have been up since 3.. I was wakeful anyway and then hubby woke up so it was all over...  I had SUCH a good day yesterday food-wise!  I ate out (and well!) and then fixed a high veggie dinner.  Was still hungry afterwards.. even though I had two helpings.  
Decided to wait it out... DUMB move!  I went back later and hit the stupid chips.  I am definitely going to have to STOP bringing them home.  Soooo THAT is why I feel yukky!  Now.. if I can ONLY tie in my brain the connection between late night snacking and early morning low back pain!  This is where I turn to God and say - Hey, help me please!
While I AM getting squats and calf raises in during the laundry... and armwork (without weights) done as the day goes on, I am still not adding any core work (getting on the floor) and am forgetting the weights in the kitchen for the other leg work.  I need to make an extra effort - perhaps by writing on my daily To Do List and, for a short while, keeping the weights OUT in the kitchen where I can SEE them.
I almost feel like this is where I need to go back to the beginning and start over but I will carry on!  I will make some time today to listen to the recordings again from the beginning to help me a little.  
Listening to the daily audios has become a little difficult.. my hubby is working from home now and has set up his computer near mine.  Because he loves me... because he wants to be near me...  BUT I am self-conscious about what I am trying to do.  Why?  I don't know.  If I knew how, I would download the 5 minute blurbs and listen to them at other times and places.... but I don't so I need to simply go ahead and listen..  maybe God wants him to hear the message too - from someone other than me!
You know - I think I am self-conscious because I do not want to invest in another failure.  I know I was successful in losing weight - but I was not successful in keeping all of it off.  And I feel like a failure.   This time I want to go slowly and do all the things that I need to do for my spirit and my brain to create a healthy lifestyle.
Eat more vegetables! and have faith - that is my message for today!  
Difficult days and bad decisions are part of life.
I am on the right track to a healthy life and am getting better about the hard decisions (even if I did mess up last night - I have not messed up every day... so I am improving!) 
 
As Dory said in the movie Finding Nemo .. Just keep swimming... just keep swimming....
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment