Monday, January 23, 2012

Weekly Goals 4/52 and Thrive In Five Day 15

Yesterday reinforced my commitment to my new habits!  I USUALLY get that mile in first thing..... but my granddaughter spent the night and we were getting ready for church - so my husband walked the dog alone.

It was a long church morning that culminated in a luncheon... which consisted of primarily pasta, cheese and chips!  Yikes!  I really need to make sure there is fresh fruit or veggies or salad at these things....  I didn't eat too much of it because it just felt like it would be - well... HEAVY in my veins.....

I got home and went for a quick cup of veggie soup from the fridge.... was still munchy so grabbed a handful of baby carrots.  I was exhausted so I took an early shower and settled in to crochet... but it kept nagging at me that I had not had a SALAD or green tea... so when I felt like eating again.. THAT is what I went for.  I feel good about my choices - and having the FOCUS on the habits made me behave in a manner that will lead me where I want to go!


*****Thrive in Five Update Day 15*****

(By the way - sometimes my life notes won't be quite in sync with the Thrive in Five because I am living a week ahead of these posts.  I wanted to have some time to make sure my entry makes sense... so below is LAST Monday - not the day after grandbaby weekend!)

Measurements again... BOO!!  I hate it but it is SO important!  Weight is stable.... hips and chest measurements - no change.  Ahhhh...... DOWN 1.5 inches in the waistline.. I'll say hooray for that!  The midsection is where the heart attacks and obesity-related diseases live..... Good-bye waist inches!   And, Katy, keep it up! (that is my little pep talk here!  This is NOT a quick fix!)

I am glad to see SOMEthing... I am tired today and shouldn't be.  Well... I SHOULDN'T say SHOULDN'T because I am allowed to FEEL what I FEEL.... it's what I DO with it that matters.

SO what I will do is SMILE and take note!  I will be honest - but not whiny or full of excuses.  What I will do is remember that I DO struggle with seasonal moods and be more assertive with my daylight lamp, my forays outside (in the "BRRRR.. I don't like it" cold :-), and my Vitamin D.  So what I will do is KEEP on KEEPING on.... with improving my food choices, with increasing my movement, with my daily dozen exercises... which I am still trying to work some of them in...

What I WON'T do is USE this deflated space to beat myself up for NOT being my usual effervescent self.  What I WON'T do is HIDE from myself or from you.

**************************************
Weekly Goals 4/52

1. Left from Last Week (do first!)
                Monthly - frontline & air filters
                Bring last year's amaryllis bulbs back inside to re-pot for bloom
              
New:

2. House focus - Breakfast room 15 minutes daily

3.  New healthy habit: eat a fruit every day

4.  Add quilt strip to quilt and prepare for hand quilting

5. Pack for 3 day trip (crochet! Dishcloths specifically)

6.  WATCH new exercise dvd & do ONCE

7.  Make flyer for church project (mid-March)

8.  Movie Night

9.  Church birthday card ministry

10.  W2s

Ongoing:
            Scan photos (30 min weekly)
            BAKE new bread
            Dishcloths 
            Desk 15 min daily
            Health habits: mile / green tea / salad

No comments:

Post a Comment