Sunday, November 18, 2012

21 Days to a More Disciplined Life... Day 13 READ!!!

following along with Crystal Paine's book.... 21 Days to a More Disciplined Life

this challenge is being led by Crystal at www.servingjoyfully.com  
Crystal, at the moment, is working on HER mega-project of finishing up her masters degree... so I am hopping over to her co-host, Laura at http://supersweetlife.com/


So this is my favorite!  I am a read-a-holic!  But Crystal cautions that we need to read INSPIRATIONAL books and books that will help us reach our goals.  In today's reading, she has several suggestions for self-discipline and motivation... some of which I have read.  Actually a friend and I have a joke that between us, we have all the organizational and weight loss books that have been printed.... and WE need to actually implement the things we now know...

So there is the problem for some of us.... I read and read and read... and it is time for me to DO and DO and DO :-)

If reading is a problem for you, tackle it the same way you are tackling your mega-project... lay out small achievable tasks for yourself.  Set a goal of finishing the book and break it down into manageable chunks.  I have a couple of books on my reading list that have been there most of the year.... one I am baking my way through and one is a money management course.   I will lay out a plan of action for those two books and make sure I finish them in 2013.

Today's Assignment:
     Step 13 of your mega-project
     Find a book to read that correlates to your project.

*************************************

My progress.....
     Today is a family day!  My grandson is being dedicated today and then we are eating lunch out.  With the 2 hours of travel time involved, I am not sure how much I will accomplish.

  Since lighting is an issue for me, I really should have done some hand-quilting yesterday while I had the opportunity to be home in the morning... BUT I didn't - so that is past :-)  I will think about what I can do today.

I CAN machine stitch the border pieces
I CAN locate the muslin backing and quilt batting that I will need
I CAN lay the quilt out on the bed and make a decision about the width of the border
I CAN make a decision about how I want to make the border corner pieces


I will come back later in the day and update you as to what I DID do :-)

How about you?? Do you have a plan for the day?

*****

Wow - things did not turn out as planned....  My sewing machine started acting up and I ended up leaving it... frustrated!  I worked on crocheting cowls last night.. and also have 2 afghans that I am closing in on finishing (I have a Dec 8 deadline on those).

I think the sewing machine is a bobbin winding issue.. but will try again when my attitude is a little better.  I am struggling now with the upcoming holiday and all the preparation and (more like) anxiety that comes with it.  Since I am working on my BRAIN and ATTITUDE this year... I think I need to journal some of the unhappy negative feelings that are surfacing underneath this aggravated behavior.  I don't know how much I will share here .. but I feel the UPSET rising already and it may impact the progress on the quilt.... and probably should take precedence though I am not quitting!



No comments:

Post a Comment