Tuesday, November 20, 2012

21 Days.... Day 15 Just Say NO!

You do so much for so many people.

Are any of your other commitments affecting the goals you set for YOURSELF and your family?

You can't do it all.

It is so hard to say NO to people when they ask you to do something.

I mean, first of all... aren't you flattered?  That you are THE ONE chosen to do this thing... this oh so important thing....

But, consider....  could your pleasure at the flattery be THE OBSTACLE that keeps another person from shining in a new spot?  Could you actually be preventing someone else from learning to serve?

Saying NO is not a bad thing.

And, how about those outside commitments?

Are any of those responsibilities dragging you down?  Is there something that your heart is not involved in any more?  That is important to know - AND it is valid.  God lays things on your heart for a reason... and sometimes when you are no longer excited and happy - maybe it's because the task is not for YOU any more.

Are any of those commitments keeping you from your ultimate goals?  I know that one of my goals is to serve my family.  Any outside commitment that does not make me a better family person.... will not serve my goals.  It is difficult to sift through the many worthwhile things you are doing and decide what needs to go - but it is absolutely essential to your ultimate success!

AND one more consideration raised up by the author......

Saying NO to many spread-out jobs or responsibilities...

allows you,

FREES you...

to say YES to doing really well at a few things....... things that will lead you to being the person you are meant to be!


Assignment for the day:

Finish Step 15 of your mega-project  and don't get overwhelmed!
**  I found it interesting that the author discusses major events right now in this '21 Days'.  She encourages us to take care of ourselves and not to get overwhelmed with our projects.  She reminds us that the project will still be here.  I agree - but want to MAKE SURE that I keep the project at the forefront of my mind so I don't let it slip back into the ozone for months of waiting again

I totally agree that keeping a 'mega-project' going in your life helps you focus in better on all the other responsibilities.  EG for me specifically....  making sure I get something done on the quilt is ensuring that I make good preparations for the Thanksgiving festivities.

*****************************

How are things going for you?

Are you ready to throw in the towel yet??

Hang in there.....  the end is coming (even if not in sight yet!)


No comments:

Post a Comment