Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Crochet Post Dishclothes #319--322 & 323-326 and more!

In the efforts of cleaning out my stash....
 
Today I want to share a couple of scarves I finally finished up:

The free pattern is located here: 
Plush Woven Scarf


It seemed like a good idea at the time....  the pattern calls for bulky yarn but I thought it looked TOO bulky.. but in the interest of cleaning out my stash, I decided to try it according to the pattern AND according to me :-)   The scarf above is done in regular 4-ply yarn and the scarf below is done in bulky yarn


Both are pretty.... but BOTH are way too bulky for my taste.  They each took 3 full skeins of yarn so are heavy too.  Unless I hear from a reader who wants them..... they will probably both be headed for a homeless shelter where the weight and bulk will be much more appreciated!

BUT..... I AM 6 skeins lighter :-)

**********************

This week's dishcloths are pictured below:

#319 Watermelon Dress  pictured below on the bottom left... there are a few dresses in the dishcloth challenge collection.  They are made similarly - fairly simple and cute.  I think they would be a lot of fun for young girls or doll collectors!

#320  Moon Flower Dishcloth  Below on the upper right.... Another of the pretty round flowers that I appear to be partial to.  This one, like the others is quick, easy and pretty.  Two stitched back to back would make a great hot pad or trivet for the table.  It would be a quick and easy project to make a couple of dishcloths and couple of hot pads for a kitchen shower gift!




#321 The School Bus Driver - pictured above on the upper left.  Easy to make and adorable.  Of COURSE, knowing me, you know it sat in my sewing basket for a bit until I could get around to stitching on the embellishments (but if you look at the photo below, you can see that the bus had company!).  But it was totally worth the wait!  Now, if only I knew a school bus driver.....

#322  Sunshine Dress Dishcloth  pictured above.  Another of the little dress dishcloths... fun to make and adorable results!

The next 4 dishcloths are pictured below:

#323 Hexagon Crochet Dishcloth  Below on the bottom left  Would be pretty in several different color combinations.... this cloth uses primarily triple crochet stitches.  It is a great small project to teach this stitch and how to create a hexagon shape!

#324 Root Beer Crochet Dishcloth  Can you find it in the picture below?  Easy and cute... fun to do.. need to find a root beer lover....



#325 Thanksgiving Turkey Crochet Dishcloth  LOVE this turkey!!  It's a little more extra stitching than I wanted to do because it is made in a couple of parts... but the results are fantastic!  I think next year I will make some seasonal cloths for my grandchildren's houses... just for fun - and this turkey will be in the mix!

#326  Pumpkin Dishcloth  AND this pumpkin will go along with the turkey!  Absolutely adorable and fun to do!  I love this little guy...

ALl of these patterns are available FREE at Maggie Weldon's site www.bestfreecrochet.com  in the November 2011 archives as part of the 2011 Dishcloth Challenge.  I honestly have had a blast doing all of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment