Wednesday, May 13, 2015

29 Gifts... Day 13 Simply a Seat

I do love free breakfast.....

And when we travel, we usually stay at a hotel that offers it.

It was crowded that morning... there was to be a wedding and this was where most participants were staying...

We eat early so we had no trouble....

BUT we were chatting.. lingering over coffee....

and first... one person asked for a chair from our table

And then I noticed another group needing a chair so I motioned to them to take our extra...

My husband was talking to me

and I was listening, really :-)

But I saw a woman set her tray down at a table and hunt for a second chair for her partner....

One table of people said no

At the next, a woman had her purse on the extra chair and she was oblivious (as we all too often are)

So the woman went back to her seat and grabbed the two plates and started moving further away looking for another spot to sit....

As she came near us (passing), I put my hand on my husband's arm and said -  we are finished....  take our table.

The look on her face was priceless.  And grateful.

And we moved on......

In the elevator, my husband of very few words turned to me and said

Thank you.  I am glad you noticed she needed help.

His noticing.

A gift for me :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment